4/13/11

THE BELOVED


A story that captured my heart..

THE LOVERS &THE LOVE LETTER

A certain man, when his beloved allowed him to sit beside her, produced a letter and read it to her. In the letter were verses and praise and glory and lamentations, wretched feelings and many humble entreaties. The beloved said to him,

“ If you’re reading this for me at this time while we sit together, then you’re wasting my life. I’m here beside you and you read a letter! It doesn’t seem to me to be the quite lovers should behave.”

And so the man replied,

“ You’re beside me, but I don’t feel that I am really getting closer to you. Last year I felt something different, which I don’t feel now, though I am still close to you.”

“ I have drunk cool water from the fountain, I have refreshed eye and heart with this flow. In you I still see the fountain, but now no water flows, stolen by a thief.”

So she replied to him,

“ Then I am not your beloved, for I am somewhere else, and the object of your desire departed. You’re in love with love, and love is not in your control. So I am not the whole you seek, but only part right now.”

“ The temple of love is not love itself. True love is the treasure not the walls about it. Do not admire the decoration, but involve yourself in the essence, the perfume that invades and touches you – The beginning and the end.”

“Discovered, this replaces all else, the apparent and the unknowable. Here is the master of all emotions, independent, Time and space are slaves to this presence. This God, king of all he surveys, even death itself. “

“ Thorns and stings became narcissus and wild roses. He who depends on the state remains human, for the state comes and goes, good and bad. You’re in love with your state, not me, and only He directs it, not you.”

“ Your love for me gives hope for greater things, and this does nothing but sink, and he who sinks will bob and drown, not the true beloved, who’s neither fire nor flow.”

“ He may be the mansion of the moon, but not the moon herself. He may be the picture of adoration, but not the presence.”

- Jalalu’ddin Rumi-

Feel like I'm drowning in tears..such story..

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Alias nangis karena kurang faham kali ya.. :p
No it really is beautiful..<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

:)




1 comment:

  1. Putpaatt.. kapan dong bikin jilbab bentuk dreadlock? Biar mecing sama mobil perang dan kerjaannyaa..
    Btw putpat sayang blog antum saya link yaa...

    ReplyDelete